UPDATE 1 – Former Security Service Executives Plead Guilty to Rigging Bids for Security Contracts in the United States

0

(Added case history, details of DOJ statement)

By Kanishka Singh

Oct. 18 (Reuters) – Two former employees of security firm G4S Secure Solutions NV have pleaded guilty to criminal antitrust charges stemming from their involvement in a conspiracy to rig bids, fix prices and award clients for security contracts. defense-related security services, the US Justice Department said Monday.

Bart Verbeeck, former sales manager, and Robby Van Mele, former director of operations, admitted that they, along with their co-conspirators at competing companies, had agreed to award contracts for security services and to fix the prices at which companies bid for contracts, “the DOJ said in a statement https://bit.ly/3lQ77fy.

The two defendants are Belgian nationals residing in Belgium.

The contracts awarded included guarding, mobile surveillance and surveillance services with the United States, through the Department of Defense, and with the Communications and Information Agency of the Treaty Organization of the United States. ‘North Atlantic (NATO).

As a result, customers of security service providers were deprived of a bidding process and paid inflated and uncompetitive prices for the services, the DOJ said.

“Earlier this year, G4S NV pleaded guilty and was convicted of involvement in the conspiracy. The Justice Department has also charged several other members of the conspiracy,” the statement added.

The Justice Department’s investigation is still ongoing, he said.

“The Division and its Procurement Collusion Strike Force partners will continue to investigate and prosecute individual and commercial violators who seek to exploit the public procurement process,” said Acting Deputy Attorney General Richard Powers of the division. DOJ antitrust. (Reporting by Kanishka Singh in Bengaluru; editing by Bill Berkrot)


Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.