United Explorer Card now offers 70,000 miles for a limited time
This message contains links to products of our advertisers, and we may be compensated when you click on these links. Our recommendations and advice are our own and have not been reviewed by any of the issuers listed. Terms apply to offers listed on this page. Read our editorial standards.
- The United℠ Explorer Card has increased its welcome bonus to 60,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, and an additional 10,000 miles after spending $6,000 in total in purchases during the first 6 months.
- Cardholders enjoy benefits such as free checked baggage, priority boarding and one-time lounge passes.
- This is the best card for most United flyers, with a low annual fee of $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $95.
- Read the Insider’s guide to the best airline credit cards.
Hot on the heels of a record breaking bonus on the United Club℠ Infinite premium card, Chase and United are back with another improved card offer. And this time, it’s not just for super frequent flyers.
Our favorite United card, the United℠ Explorer Card, now offers a larger bonus of 60,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, and an additional 10,000 miles after spent $6,000 total on purchase in first 6 months. Usually this card offers 40,000 miles after meeting minimum spend requirements, so the chance to earn an extra 30,000 miles is a great deal.
This bonus is worth, on average, $910 in flights based on Insider’s United miles valuation of 1.3 cents each. It’s possible to get an even higher return for your rewards, especially if you redeem your miles for premium cabin flights on United’s partners, like Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines and SWISS.
Read more: How to earn, redeem and maximize United Airlines miles
For an annual fee of just $0 for the first year, then $95 thereafter, the United℠ Explorer Card offers awesome benefits when you fly with United, plus great travel and purchase protections.
Here’s what to know if you’re considering this high offer on the United℠ Explorer Card.
United Explorer Card: Earn up to 70,000 miles
- The annual fee is waived the first year
- Earn bonus miles on multiple purchase categories, including restaurants
- Includes application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck
- Get a free checked bag on United when you pay with the card
- Not the most rewarding card for most non-United travel purchases
Read our review
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of opening your account. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 miles after spending a total of $6,000 on purchases within the first 6 months of account opening.
- $0 annual introductory fee for the first year, then $95.
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on dining, hotel stays and United® purchases
- Up to $100 credit on Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® fees
- 25% Off United® Inflight Purchases
- Check your first bag for free (a savings of up to $140 per round trip) when you use your card to purchase your ticket
- Enjoy priority boarding privileges and visit the United ClubSM with 2 unique passes each year for your birthday
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent on catering, including qualifying delivery services
This offer to earn 60,000 bonus miles after spending $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening, and an additional 10,000 miles after spending $6,000 total on purchases within the last 6 first few months with the United℠ Explorer card is one of the highest. we’ve ever seen, so if you’ve been hesitant to open the card, now’s the perfect time to pull the trigger.
It’s also a decent (but not exceptional) card for regular spending, earning 2x miles on qualifying United purchases, 2x miles on restaurant and hotel stays booked directly with the hotel, and 1 mile per dollar on everything else. But that’s not where this card really shines.
Read more: United Explorer card review
The strength of the United℠ Explorer Card is its wide range of benefits for a card with such a low annual fee. For example, cardholders receive:
If you fly with United even a few times a year, the free checked baggage benefit can more than offset the annual fee. And there are other travel and purchase protections that can save you money, including main rental car insurance, baggage delay insurance, trip delay insurance, reimbursement Lost Baggage, Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Purchase Protection and Extended Warranty.
Other United cards to consider
The new bonus on the United℠ Explorer Card is a great deal, but keep in mind that Chase issues five other United credit cards with different bonuses, perks, and annual fees.
Read more: The best credit cards for United Airlines travelers
Right now, the hottest offer is actually the United Club℠ Infinite premium card, which offers a limited-time bonus of 120,000 bonus miles after spending $6,000 on purchases in the first 3 months following opening the account. There’s a whopping $525 annual fee to match, but in return cardholders get premium perks, including a United Club airport lounge membership. Here’s our full United Infinite Card review for all the details.
Other United cards to consider include:
- United Quest Card ℠ – 70,000 bonus miles after spending $4,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening ($250 annual fee)
- United℠ Business Card – 75,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening ($0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99 annual fee)
- United Gateway℠ Card – 20,000 bonus miles after spending $1,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening ($0 annual fee)
- United Club℠ Business Card
– 75,000 bonus miles after spending $5,000 on purchases within the first 3 months of account opening ($450 annual fee)
If you don’t want to be forced to earn United Airlines miles, there’s another option. When you have cards that earn transferable Chase Ultimate Rewards points, including the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve® Card or Ink Business Preferred® Credit Card, you can transfer points to United instantly at a ratio of 1:1.
Be sure to read the Insider’s guide to earning and redeeming Chase Ultimate Rewards points for even more options.