The City Council will meet in committees and approve the new Director of Development Services on October 12
Edmonds City Council will meet in committees on Tuesday, October 12 starting at 5 p.m. followed by a business meeting at 9:30 p.m. during which council members are expected to approve a contract of employment with Susan McLaughlin, who is Mayor Mike Nelson’s choice for director services development.
A resident of Edmonds, McLaughlin currently works for the Seattle Department of Transportation as the head of urban design. She replaces Shane Hope, who retired last summer. Under the proposed employment contract, McLaughlin will earn $ 167,524 per year.
During committee meetings, the board’s agenda includes the following:
Public Safety, Personnel and Planning Committee
1. Authorization for the city to sign a registration document removing an obsolete covenant from private property at 236th Street Southwest and 84th Avenue West.
2. Authorization for the city to sign the updated Interlocal Cooperation Agreement relating to the Alliance for Affordable Housing
3. Request for an increase in a position in the human resources department from 0.85 to 1.0 FTE
4. Update on the prosecutor’s bidding process
5. Reorganization of the Edmonds Municipal Court
1. Monthly financial report for August 2021
2. Proposal for modification of a biennial budget in 2023-24
Parks and Public Works Committee
1. Civic park toilet contract
2. Recommendation of the Arts Commission for the artist of the civic park
3. Additional agreement with HBB for the Highway 99 revitalization and footbridge project
4. Additional agreement with SCJ Alliance for the highway 99 revitalization and footbridge project
5. Additional Agreements with KPG for Design Services on City-Wide Crosswalk Improvements
6. Supplementary Agreement with KPG for Construction Management Services on City-Wide Crosswalk Improvement Project
7. Additional agreement with KPG for the improvement project of the intersection of 76th Avenue West and 220th Street South-West
All meetings are held virtually using the Zoom meeting platform. To view or listen to an entire committee meeting, paste the following into a web browser using a computer or smartphone:
Or join by dial-up: United States: +1 253 215 8782 Webinar ID: 957 9848 4261
Council committee meetings are working sessions for council and city staff. Committee meeting agendas do not include audience comments or public hearings.
You can see the full meeting agendas here.
My Edmonds News
Sign up for our daily Edmonds newsletter