Quicksilver Capital One Card Benefits Guide
The Capital One Quicksilver Cash Rewards Credit Card is the type of lump sum refund credit card that can complement your credit card strategy if you have other credit cards. Or, if you prefer maximum simplicity in planning your expenses, it can serve as a unique credit card rewards product that earns money on every purchase you make.
Besides the simple rewards system that offers 1.5% cash back on all purchases, the Quicksilver has many other benefits that make it an attractive card option. Read on to learn more about the benefits of Capital One Quicksilver to get the most out of this card.
Learn more: Is Capital One Quicksilver worth it?
An easy to earn welcome bonus
The card comes with a decent sign-up bonus offer: you’ll get $200 after spending just $500 in the first three months with the card. It may not be the highest value, but the spending requirement is also low, especially since you have plenty of time to meet it.
A long zero rate offer
The Quicksilver offers 15 months of 0% introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers. This is a great offer, especially if you’re looking to finance a major purchase or carry over a balance for any other reason. After this period ends, you will be charged a variable APR of 14.99% to 24.99%, so it is best to avoid incurring interest charges once the introductory offer runs out.
The advantages of Capital One
Some benefits apply to all Capital One credit cardholders. Here are some benefits you can expect whether you choose the Quicksilver credit card or another Capital One credit card.
No foreign transaction fees
The Capital One Quicksilver is a good card to take with you if you travel abroad. Not only are Mastercard and Visa (which Capital One uses to issue Quicksilver cards) widely accepted worldwide, but the card also charges no foreign transaction fees (like all Capital One credit cards) .
Many other similar products typically charge around 3% for purchases made outside the United States, but with the Quicksilver you can save money and continue to earn rewards while traveling abroad.
Access to the CreditWise tool
Use the CreditWise tool available in the mobile app to monitor your credit (without impacting your score). This is especially useful for younger consumers and those looking to rebuild their credit.
Card Network Benefits
Capital One offers Quicksilver Cardholders valuable additional benefits, including certain purchase and travel protections.
Note that your Quicksilver may be a Visa or Mastercard of a certain tier, which impacts the benefits available to you. Some of the benefits listed below may not be included or may have different terms. Check your benefits guide to see what’s available to you.
Your Capital One Quicksilver Card can provide valuable purchase protection benefits, such as
- Extended warranty can extend the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to two years.
- Price Protection can refund you the difference in price of an item you bought with the card if you find it sold at a better price.
- Purchase guarantee may cover eligible purchases in the event of damage or theft.
- Mobile phone protection can reimburse you for the cost of replacing or repairing your cell phone in the event of breakage or theft. To use this coverage, you must charge your monthly phone bill to your Quicksilver card.
Benefits of travel coverage
Another reason to take the Quicksilver with you on a trip is its travel protection benefits, which can include:
- Travel accident insurance can cover you and your eligible family member in the event of an eligible accident if it occurs while traveling on, entering or exiting a licensed common carrier. This coverage applies only to the airline ticket you purchased with the Quicksilver.
- Trip cancellation and interruption insurance applies if you need to cancel your trip for an eligible reason, as long as you have charged the tickets to your Quicksilver Card.
- Baggage delay insurance can reimburse you if your luggage is delayed. Coverage is secondary to any other type of insurance you may have and only applies to essential items you need while away from home. As with other travel coverage benefits, your tickets must be purchased with Quicksilver.
- Lost or damaged baggage coverage can reimburse your checked or carry-on baggage if it is lost or in need of repair. Again, you must bill your airfare on the Capital One Quicksilver to use this coverage, and it is secondary to any other insurance you may have.
- Car Rental Collision Damage Waiver may provide coverage in the event of damage to or theft of the rental vehicle when you have paid for it with your Quicksilver and have declined insurance from the rental agency. This is also secondary coverage that applies after your own insurance policy.
- Travel assistance services can help you and your companions when traveling. You can also request information about travel requirements, such as documentation and vaccinations, before your trip.
Identity theft protection
Identity theft is a widespread problem, and your Capital One Quicksilver can provide some relief if you think you’ve been a victim. This may include:
- Mastercard Identity Theft Protection may offer access to identity theft resolution services if you believe you have been the victim of identity theft.
- Impersonation Fee Reimbursement can provide coverage for your losses incurred as a result of identity theft.
At the end of the line
The Capital One Quicksilver is a convenient cash back card, but it has so much more to offer than its 1.5% cash back rate. Knowing all the benefits of this product, you will be able to get even more value out of it and potentially save hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
That said, Capital One offers a variety of credit cards suitable for students, travelers, small business owners and more. Check out our expert reviews of the best Capital One credit cards to compare your options.